Welcome to Shri Datta Meghe College of Architecture
The newly formed Shri Datta Meghe College of Architecture has been set up to enrich the students in the field of Architecture. A course in SDMCA is a lot of fun. Unlike traditional colleges where you must slog yourself in study halls and libraries, reading and writing all the time, a course in SDMCA gives you the liberty to use the right side of your brain, the creative part. You get a lot of opportunities to showcase your creativity and ingenuity while designing with better equipped facilities.
Architecture is the art and science of designing buildings. Architecture has to do with planning and designing form, space and ambiance to reflect functional, technical, social, environmental and aesthetic considerations. It is easy to define Architecture but the word has far deeper meaning than it implies. While you study Architecture, you get to study various fields of human endeavor, including Art, History, Material Science, Physics anything and everything that can help improve the living environment of human beings.
To emerge as a center of excellence with innovation in technology, through sustainable and humanistic approach towards environment.
Exploring new avenues in the field of architecture.
Inculcating quality in performance
Providing hands-on research
Effective management of resources
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Architecture Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, architecture fundamentals
and an architecture specialization to the solution of complex architectural problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex
architecture problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics,
- Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex architecture problems and design
system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for
the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Preparation: To prepare students to excel in the field of Architecture and to get successfully employed or into professional practice on local as well as global grounds.
- Core Competence: To equip students with new technical tools, softwares, innovation in building materials and encouraging them to attend workshops.